Welcolme to my personal website! I am currently a Senior Machine Learning Engineer working at 5x5 Technologies, Inc. as part of their AI Research and Development (RD) Team. Previous to that, I worked as a data scientist at HCA Healthcare in their Data Science Team, as part of the Clinical Operations Group (COG). Before shifting to industry and data science, I worked in the fields of computational astrophysics and cosmology studying galaxy formation and evolution, as well as the statistical analysis for large, synthetic datasets of the Universe. Additionally, I also worked in applying machine learning and data science techniques to astrophysical problems and datasets.
I obtained my Ph.D. in Physics from the Physics and Astronomy Department at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN, in the group of Prof. Andreas Berlind. Before my time in at Vanderbilt University, I spent 4 years at Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, Florida pursuing Bachelors of Science in physics, astrophysics, and mathematics. I am originally from Guatemala City, Guatemala.
To know more about me, feel free to look at my CV here.
My research interests and methods during my Ph.D. include, but are not limited to:
- Applied deep learning and AI
- Machine learning and data science
- Statistical Analysis of synthetic Datasets
- Galaxy Formation and Evolution
- Clusters of Galaxies and large-scale Structure
My academic references:
- Prof. Andreas Berlind, Vanderbilt University
- Prof. Kelly Holley-Bockelmann, Vanderbilt University
- Prof. Frank van den Bosch, Yale University